Essence of Bhajana
By: Mahanidhi Swami
In verse 11 of Manah Siksha, Srila Raghunatha dasa Goswamipada addresses his mind, and reveals five essential practices which will quickly bring Krishna prema.
He says, “Radha Giridhari are forever overwhelmed by divine erotic love (smara vivaso). O mind! You can attain the direct service of this Playful Pair (sakshat seva), and Their eternal associates in Vraja by devotedly worshiping Giri Govardhana every day, and by performing these five nectar-filled practices mentioned by Srila Rupa Goswamipada:
1) Ijya: Worship Radha Govinda Yugala, archana.
2) Akhya: Describe the names, forms, qualities and pastimes of Radha-Madhava and Their associates, sankirtana.
3) Dhyana: Meditate upon Radha-Krishna’s asta-kaliya-lila in Vrindavana, lila-smarana.
4) Shravana: Hear about the glories and pastimes of Radha Govinda Yugala.
5) Nati: Offer prostrated obeisances, dandavats, to the Divine Pair, Their lila-sthalis and Their devotees in order to develop intense humility”
In summary, Srila Raghunatha dasa Goswamipada is saying that bhajana siddhi, or perfection in devotion, comes to those who worship Sri Sri Radha-Krishna with these five items, which are the essense of bhajana. One needs only to worship, hear, chant and remember Sri Sri Radha-Krishna along with the utmost submission and humility.
Vraja bhajana ki jai! Jai Jai Sri Radhe!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!