Six Ways of Prema
By: Mahanidhi Swami
Your goal of life and mine is love of God—Krishna prema—immaculate, unadulterated pure loving devotion to Radha and Krishna. As devotees, we all think about prema, we read about prema, we hear about prema, we discuss prema, we hanker for prema, we look for prema, we want prema, and we all hope to one day attain Krishna prema.
But such a coveted and cherished pure goal of life is rarely attained. While describing the means to attain pure love of Sri Krishna, Srila Sanatana Goswamipada states that mercy or compassion is the main cause.
Let’s examine six factors necessary for the attainment of Krishna prema, and see how we can incorporate them into our daily lives.
- Mercy: The prime cause of Sri Krishna prema is mercy, nidanam param prema, Sri Krishna karuna bharah.
- Meditation: Prema develops by regularly meditating upon Krishna’s sweet Vraja lilas, Vraja krida-dhyana.
- Singing: Daily sing about Krishna’s sweet Vraja lilas (lila-kirtana), Vraja krida gana.
- Association: Mix with Krishna premi-bhaktas, rasa loka sanga.
- Residence: Live alone in Vrindavana in a favorite pastime place (lila-sthali), of Sri Krishna like Radha Kunda, Govardhana, Seva Kunja or Varsana, priya krida vana raha nivasa.
- Humility: The root and foundation of prema is to always, in all places cultivate the utmost humility in your thoughts, words and deeds, sthitam sarvatra dainya mulakam. (Br. Bhag. II.5.215-223)
Radha Govinda Yugala prema ki jai!
Krishna krpa ki jai!
Jai Jai Sri Radhe!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!