Mahanidhi Madan Gopal Das
- satāṁ ninda-namnaḥ param aparādham vitanute, yataḥ khyātiṁ yātaṁ katham u sahate tu tad vigarhām
The topmost offense (param aparadha) is to criticize a devotee.
- śivasya śrī visnor ya iha guṇa nāmādi sakalam, dhiyā bhinnaṁ paśyet sa khalu hari-nāmāhita-karaḥ
One will get no benefit from Harinama (hari-nama ahita karah) if one considers the name or qualities of Siva as equal to or independent (bhinna) of Sri Vishnu.
To disrespect, disregard or disobey Sri Guru.
To disrespect any scriptures describing God.
Think the glories of Krishna Nama are exaggerations or empty praise.
- hari nāmni kalpanam
To give imaginary or concocted meanings to Krishna’s Holy Names.
- nāmno balād yasya hi pāpabuddhir, na vidyate tasya yamair hi śuddhiḥ
To commit sin on the power of Krishna’s Name means one has sinful intelligence (papa buddhi). Such an offender cannot be purified by any type of rule or regulation (yama na suddhi).
- dharma-vrata-tyaga-hutādi-sarva, subha-kriyā sāmyam api pramādaḥ
To consider Krishna’s transcendental prema giving Holy Names to be a form of shubha karmas (good deeds) like varnashrama duties, vows, austerities, yagyas.
- aśraddadhāne vimukhe’py aśṛṇvati, yas copadeṣaḥ śiva-nāmāparādhaḥ
To describe the glories of Krishna Nama to the faithless (ashradha); or one whose face is turned away from God – agnostic, not interested (vimukhe); and to one who does not want to hear anything about Krishna (ashrnvati).
- śrute’pi nāma-māhātmye yah prīti rahito naraḥ, ahaṁ mamādi paramo nāmni so’py aparādha-kṛt
To not have faith, taste or affection (priti) for Krishna’s Holy Names even after hearing the glories of Krishna Nama, and to not give up material attachments and continue to think and act only in terms of “I and mine” (aham mam adi).
Nama Acharya Haridasa Thakura ki jai! Sri Harinama ki jai! Jai Jai Sri Radhe!