Srila Prabhupada Glorifies Vraja
We while walking along the beach beside the ocean of Srila Prabhupada’s vani, we found some rare gems of his words glorifying Sridhama Vrindavana. By reading and ruminating upon these sacred words, may we all expand our attitudes regarding and our appreciation for Vrindavana. Srila Prabhupada’s quotes have been arranged by topic.
- Identity of Vrindavana:
- “The earthly Vrindavana Dhama is always a representation of the original Vrindavana Dhama. Consequently Vrindavana Dhama is as worshipable as Lord Krishna. (Cc. 2.16.280 p.)
- “This Vrindavana is as good as Krishna.” (721030ND.VRN)
- “Always remember Krishna, Vrindavana is Krishna’s land, man-mana bhava mad-bhakto.” (760408mw.vrn)
- The Vrajavasis, Born Residents of Vrindavana
- “Anyone who is living in Vrindavana, even cats and dogs, they are also glorious, (740816BG.VRN)
- [Srila Prabhupada describes the position of the Vrajavasis living in Vrindavana]
“Simply by living [in Vrindavana], if they do not commit any sinful activities, they’ll go back to home [spiritual world of Goloka Vrindavana].”
Disciple: “Do the Vrajavasis need a spiritual master?”
Srila Prabhupada: “No, generally, naturally, the Vrajavasis are Krishna conscious.”
Disciple: “But they don’t have a spiritual master.”
Srila Prabhupada: “Yes, he has a spiritual master because spiritual master is within, caitya-guru. (760408mw.vrn)
III. Visiting Vrindavana
- “Shastra says that you should approach to a bhagavata, a devotee who is living in Vrindavana, a pure devotee and surrender unto him. That is tirtha yatra. Not that coming here [to Vrindavana] and taking bath in the Yamuna. (740316SB.VRN)
- Living in Vrindavana
- “Those who are living in Vrindavana, they should try to understand Krishna tattva [the truth of Krishna]. That is their business.” (721030ND.VRN)
- To live in Vrindavana means to know Krishna—how He appeared there, how He played here, how He executed His pastimes here. These are all celestial, all transcendental. Jaya Radha-Madhava Kunja Bihari. (721030ND.VRN)
- “As Krishna is worshipable, similarly His dhama is worshipable. We should be very much respectful to Vrindavana-dhama; otherwise we’ll be offender. Dhamaparadha.” (721029SB.VRN)
- “If we remain in Vrindavana, we should know that we are living with Krishna. And how much we should be cautious…and careful. Vrindavana Dhama is also Krishna.” (721030ND.VRN)
- [We should never commit sins while living in Vrindavana, or anywhere else. But if one living in Vrindavana somehow slips, then Vrindavana will help him.]
“Because I am living in Vrindavana. Vrindavana raja [dust of Vrindavana] will cure me, will purify me. That’s a fact. Yes!” (721029SB.VRN)
- “If you actually live in Vrindavana carefully, without committing any offense and sinful life, then in this life you are going to Krishna!!!” (721030ND.VRN)
Living In Vrindavana ki jai! Jai Jai Sri Radhe!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!