By Mahanidhi Swami
Each and every Holy Name of Bhagavan Sri Krishna is all powerful, all beautiful, all merciful and all beneficial.
Tremendous blessings and benefits will come to anyone who chants, regardless of time, place, method or condition. However, the benefits and degree of mantra perfection will vary according to one’s endeavor.
Developing the following six qualities will help the chanter quickly attain mantra-siddhi and experience all the sublime treasures (japa sampatti hetavah) of the Holy Name.
Srila Sanatana Goswamipada explains in Hari-bhakti vilasa (17.128):
manah samharanam shaucam, maunam mantrartha chintanam
avyagratvam anirvedo, japa sampatti hetavah
1) One-pointed mind (samharanam) means withdrawing it from all sense objects, especially during japa.
2) Cleanliness (shaucam) of body, clothes, asana and mind.
3) Meditation on meaning of mantra (mantra artha chintanam).
4) Undisturbed mind (avyagratvam) Sit peacefully and chant without mental restlessness.
5) Patience (anirvedo). Even though the promised results and treasures are not manifesting, one should continue chanting without feeling despondent or disappointed (nirveda).
Sri Harinama Japa ki jai! Hare Krishna Maha Mantra ki jai!
Sri Harinama Acharya Haridasa Thakura ki jai!
Jai Jai Sri Radhe!