Mahanidhi Madan Gopal Das
Whether a Vaisnava is in the category of a mukta purusa, siddha, uttama, madhyama, or kanishta, all Vaisnavas do the following:
* Accepts Gopala mantra diksa from a qualified Guru
*Daily worship Sri Krishna
*Daily chant a fixed number of Sri Krishna’s names on mala
*Eat only Krishna prasadam
*Cultivate the four religious principles of truth, mercy, purity and penance
*By following four daily regulative principles:
- eat only pure vegetarian foods & NO onions, garlic, eggs, vinegar etc.;
- avoid wine, liquor, drugs, cigarettes and all intoxicants;
- don’t play lotteries, cards, bridge, slot machines, gambling, etc;
- don’t intimately mix with men and women outside marriage;
*Daily serve Sri Hari, Sri Guru and Vaisnavas
*Never offend sadhus or devotees with thoughts, words, actions
*Always behave like a pure Vaisnava
*Display humility, respect and compassion towards all living entities.
If one does not exhibit these qualities and activities, he or she is not a Vaisnava. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed Sri Sanatana Goswami and all of us about correct Vaisnava behavior.
asat-sanga-tyaga- ei- vaisnava –acara,
stri- sanga- eka asadhu, krishna- abhakta- ara
“A Vaisnava should always give up and reject the association of materialists; women exploiting men; the unsaintly and the non-devotees.” (Caitanya Caritamrita 2.22.87)
Pure Vaisnava sadhu sanga ki jai! Jai Jai Sri Radhe!